Monday, July 23, 2012

The Olympics are Coming

The London 2012 Summer Olympic games kick off this week with the Opening Ceremony on Friday. The city is abuzz.


 I arrived at London Heathrow airport today and these bright pink signs were everywhere.

Volunteers are standing by waiting to help out by providing information and directing visitors.

When I approached one of the signs to take a picture, I was immediately asked if I needed any help. The volunteer seemed a little disappointed that all I wanted was a photo.

Extra security seems to be in place. As I waited outside the terminal to be picked up, I think I counted four police cars driving by, more than you normally see.

Lexi will be a volunteer for the Beach Volleyball games. She is on a team of students from her American school that will rake the sand and retrieve balls. She is very excited to say the least.

Today was her first opportunity to wear her official "Young Games Maker" uniform when she attended a training session. A group of tourists saw the team in their uniforms and wanted pictures taken with them. The funny part was when the tourists asked the girls what sport they played in.

No comments:

Post a Comment