Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Olympic Cycling Encirclement

Today I saw these cute decorated bicycles in a roundabout as I drove to a store near me.



Then I remembered that the Olympic Cycling event will come right through our county of Surrey.


Apparently the lavishly flowered cycles were created by one of my favorite stores here, Garsons.


Garsons is a garden center, gift shop, and pick your own farm. They also sell American food products that are not normally found here such as pancake syrup, American peanut butter, and Kraft Mac n Cheese. These imported foods are way overpriced. I find myself "needing" these products less and less now compared to when we first moved here.


Further up the road I found more cycles on display.


The excitement is building...


But here is a reminder of the disruption it will cause:


The route goes in a big circle around our town, effectively shutting us in with all the road closures. Thank goodness for the trains, they will be our only way out if we need to journey outside the area.


No comments:

Post a Comment