Thursday, September 5, 2013

Then and Now

When I see this patio table that I gave away this week to a new family at the American school,

a vision appears in my mind's eye of Lexi's 2nd birthday party celebrated around it 16 years ago...


It's funny how an ordinary object can trigger memories of the past.


I look at this sofa now...


and I see the past....

Ryan, 1 1/2 years old, with cousin Chelsea on Halloween, 1992

Ryan's baptism, 1991

1997, Lexi and Ryan in "tent" with the sofa pillows that always seemed to end up on the floor.

But wait, the history of that couch goes back even further...

My first apartment, 1984

Now we are downsizing, purging for our move back to the States.

My beloved sleeper sofa that made its home in 5 different residences over a span of 30 years is about to be left behind in England.

It sits in the garage waiting for someone, anyone to come get it for free.

I tried to donate it to charity but it got rejected. It doesn't have the "Fire label" tag that the Health and Safety laws in England require.

So I'm offering it up for free, for anyone willing to come collect it and give it a good home.

I would love for it to provide 30 more years of support for another family...

And Chris is just tired of messing with it as it is so very heavy!

Heavy with memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment