Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Moving on to a New World

It's been just over 3 weeks since we pushed our last "chick" out of our nest. The empty nest thing is getting easier, I just try to focus on the positives:

  • I'm no longer on chauffeur duty.
  • I can listen to MY music stations in the car now.
  • We don't run out of milk as fast.
  • I still have my grand-dogs that need me.

I am reminded of our flight from London in August heading to Seattle to visit Ryan in his new digs. The all-day flight across the Atlantic wore me out, especially since I spent the whole time working on a cross-stitch project for Ryan: "Home is Where the Heart Is".

Then our connecting flight from Calgary to Seattle was delayed by several hours. Finally we were up in the air on our way and I rested my eyes and dozed off. I awoke when I heard the flight attendant comment on the beautiful view. I looked out the window and felt like I was in another world. The majestic Canadian Rockies were displayed before me in all their glory.

So maybe I'm waking up now in my new world of no kids at home... and finding the beauty in it.

Canadian Rockies from www.kheli.com

No comments:

Post a Comment