Sunday, December 9, 2012

Health and Safety??

I think England goes overboard with Health and Safety laws sometimes. 

My latest encounter was with an electrician who had worked too many hours the day before.

Our house is full of recessed spotlight fixtures that are constantly shorting out.

In these "100 days of darkness" of dreary, short winter days, having enough lighting in the house is very important.

I was doing my time waiting in the FIVE-hour time slot I was given for the electrician to come fix the wiring in two of these light sockets.

Two hours into my "sentence" I received a call saying the electrician could not come out as he had worked late the day before and Health and Safety regulations required him to rest today.

I'm thinking "You're kidding, right?"

He was not kidding.

This is the same country that doesn't require bicycle riders to wear helmets but allows them in the same lanes as cars.

Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment