Saturday, February 2, 2013

It's Time

We're moving back home later this year!


I have really enjoyed the four years in England, but I'm getting vibes that... it's time.

Top Ten Reasons I know it's time to go home...

10. I've finally figured out how to make iced tea that tastes like home. (Add Crystal Light Lemon Iced Tea powder mix to my brewed tea.) They don't do iced tea over here, except in bottles.

9. I passed my UK driving test and it feels natural to drive on the left (not wrong) side of the road.

8. I'm no longer intimidated by cooking on our Aga.

7. Lexi is graduating from High School and heading to college in the States, where Ryan has been the last 4 years. It's time for our family to all be in the same country again.

6. Our visas expire this year, don't want to go through another all-day renewal process.

5. I'm able to drive in snowy/icy conditions without totally freaking out.

4. I finished my cross-stitch project started in the year 2000. It was one of my goals to finish it when we moved here. My other goals seem so simple to me now: find a gym, set up a carpool, volunteer, get in a routine.

3. I've had it with this house's flaky heating and hot water system that keeps giving us trouble. Cold shower anyone? Water dripping from a tank in the attic through a light fixture?

2. Chris has every light bulb inside and outside the house working. That's a first!

1. I've started wondering again, "What is home"? just like when we were moving here.

You may think, if I've finally achieved some of these items, doesn't that mean I should stay on? But to me, it means Mission Accomplished, what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment